Application for Awarding NVQ Level 5 Equivalence Qualifications through the Mature Candidate Route
1. This online application is only valid for the applicants those who apply for the equivalence qualification through the Mature Candidates’ route as per the circular issued by the TVEC (Refer the NVQ Circular 01/2021 in the web site
2. Eligibility: Candidate must not be less than 35 years of age and should be qualified with;
A minimum of 10 years’ experience including minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the relevant industry and having NVQ Level 4 certificate or NCT or NCIT in the relevant field or above qualifications.
A minimum of 10 years’ experience including minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the relevant industry and having a Diploma certificate (with the duration more than 6 months) accepted by TVEC in the relevant field.
A minimum of 12 years’ experience including minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the relevant industry and having a certificate (with the duration more than 6 months) accepted by TVEC in the relevant field.
A minimum of 15 years’ experience including minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the relevant industry.
- Candidates who sufficiently meet the eligibility criteria as explained in section 2.0 of the
circular can apply for NVQ level 5 equivalence qualifications.
- The Committee appointed by Director General (DG), TVEC evaluates the applications and
ensure about the eligibility of the candidates according to the relevant NVQ Circular.
- The assessment will consist of practical assessment or viva-voce or knowledge assessment
(written paper/s) or combination as decided by the above committee on the basis of the
requirements of the process, learning demand and responsibilities of NVQ Level 5
descriptors (Core competencies and Management competencies).
- Candidates who successful at the knowledge Assessment / practical assessment mention in
the section 3.0 must present themselves for a viva - voce interview for verification of
portfolio of evidences for proof of knowledge and experiences in the relevant field.
- Applicant should present their original certificates and evidence portfolio which consist of
following documents. (Please follow the standard format published on the TVEC web site)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Education / Vocational Certificates
- Appointment Letters, Service Letters, Promotional Letters
- If applicant is foreign employee
- Copy of passport information page and employment visa
- Work certificates of the foreign country attested by the relevant authority
- If applicant is self employee
- Business Registration (BR)
- Minimum of three employees registered with ETF/EPF for three years or records
of business transactions as a proof of entrepreneurial experience
- Awards / Recognitions
- Volunteer work (Please attaché copies of evidences / appreciation Letters)
- Record on Work Carried Out / Projects / Assignments according to the Units of the relevant
- Fees for the Knowledge Assessment / practical assessment and viva voce interview decided
by the TVEC and it will be calculated according to the number of applicants and the total cost
of the said knowledge assessment / practical assessment.
- Each interview panel should be comprised of three members appointed by the DG including
subject expertise from the industry relevant to the sector/sub sector, TVET expertise and
executive officer from TVEC.
4. TVEC will issue the NVQ Level 5 equivalent qualification to the candidates who are
successful at the said Knowledge assessment/practical assessment and Viva voce interview
and this qualification is only valid for the purpose of employment.
5. This route of awarding NVQ Level 5 equivalent qualification will be available only for the
fields for which NCSs are available. Effective date of the certificate should be the date that
TVEC conducted the viva - voce interview for the candidate.
6. Applicants who are not competent in the first viva voce interview he /she has to gain more
knowledge and experiences for at least 6 months to face for the second viva voce interview
after the first interview.
7. Based on the results of the knowledge assessment / examination, applicant can face viva
voce interviews within 2 years period of time from the examination date until he/she
competent from the viva voce interviews to obtain NVQ Level 5 equivalence qualification.
8. This route of awarding NVQ Level 5 equivalent qualification will be available until 31st
December 2029 and thereafter, award of equivalent qualification through mature candidate
route will be curtailed appropriately.