Application for Common Examination for Equalizing National Certificate in Technology(NCT) & National Certificate for
Industrial Technician(NCIT) to NVQ Level 5
1. The Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC) has made arrangements to conduct common
examination for certificate holders of National Certificate in Technology (Civil / Quantity Surveying / Electrical &
Electronic / Mechanical Engineering) and National Certificate for Industrial Technician (NCIT) (Civil Engineering/
Mechanical / Electrical) awarded by Department of Techniacal Education Training to grant NVQ level 5 equivalence
qualification. The examination will be based on National Competency Standard (NCS) and Competency Based
Training (CBT) Curriculum for Construction Technology / Quantity Surveying / Electrical Technology / Production
Technology / Welding Technology / Automobile Technology / Ref & AC Technology.
2. Eligibility: Certificate holders, who were enrolled for the above courses on or before 2014, are eligible to apply for the
3. Examination fee - A receipt of payment in favour of "Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission", A/C No.
078100172266044 of Peoples’ Bank to the value of Rs. 1000.00 (Rupees One Thousand), obtained only from any
branch of Peoples’ Bank should accompany each application. This examination fee is non refundable.
4. TVEC shall conduct a viva voce for candidates who are successful at the examination, for which additional Rs.
2000.00 will be levied later.
5. Details of the interview will be sent to candidates through an email or a short-message (SMS).
6. Selections would be based on a knowledge assessment and by a structured interview conducted by an expert panel appointed by Director General of TVEC.